– and this is just the beginning…
Hythe company, Holiday Extras, was one of the three sponsors of the 2011 CCCU JobFair held on Wednesday November 2. The UK’s leading provider of travel add-ons joined the other sponsors, AXA and Marks & Spencer, to meet students and to spot talented colleagues for the future.
Emma Finch and Hannah Mowl, HR professionals from Holiday Extras, had a great time at the JobFair chatting to students and offering goodie bags which included specially-created scratch cards, alongside guidance on careers available at Holiday Extras.
This year, the University and the Hythe firm have also developed an exciting calendar of events, which will include lectures, assignments and an Open Afternoon on Tuesday November 8 aimed at Marketing, Business and Advertising students.
Anouk Agussol, Group People Business Partner at Holiday Extras, explained: “We are delighted to have formed such a positive and beneficial partnership with CCCU.
“We plan to introduce more annual summer placements and Holiday Extras will be used as a business case study for assignments to help undergraduates gain invaluable exposure to real work places and work experience – that will ultimately increase their chances of getting a great job when they finish their degrees. And we get to work with some of the brightest young minds in business.”
Kristine Pole Programme Director for Marketing at Canterbury Christ Church University, said: “This partnership provides a fantastic opportunity for our students to get the real work experience they need. It’s tough for anyone getting a job nowadays, even with a degree, so anything we can do to increase employability is a huge bonus for our students.”
Notes to editors
- Holiday Extras will be used as a case study/assignment in all three years of a business degree.
- Two of our leadership team will give a lecture on how the business performs and grows in a difficult climate.
- The year 2 Online Advertising students will visit Holiday Extras for an open afternoon and then be given an assignment. Based on the results of the assignments, Holiday Extras will pick the top 10 students and invite them to interview for a summer placement, beginning in May.
- There will be a presentation to the Copywriting/PR students on good skills for copywriting/online presence etc and they too will be given an assignment. The best will be offered an interview for a summer placement.
- The company plans to employ over eight students for summer work placements every year.
Hannah Mowl, Goup People Executive for Holiday Extras chats to students at the CCCU JobFair.
Please request a high resolution picture if needed.
We take the hassle, you take the holiday…
For more information contact
Telephone – 01303 816 335
Holiday Extras is the UK number one for pre-booked airport hotels and airport parking, taking bookings for over 6.8 million travellers each year. Holiday Extras’ customer service has been recognised in the National Business Awards shortlist for Customer Focus and the Online Retail Awards. In January 2011, the company was listed in Which? magazine’s top five One Click Wonders, easy-to-use travel websites. A record-breaking 99.88% of customers are satisfied with Holiday Extras’ products and service.
The company offers a wide choice of holiday add-ons including airport lounges, airports by rail, London theatre breaks, UK theme park breaks, and holiday insurance. For more information and to book please visit www.holidayextras.com