- Turnover of £184 million per annum
- Approximately 560 employees in the UK and more than 100 in Germany
- We make arrangements for 7 million travellers annually
- Around 90% of our bookings are made online
- The Contact Centre handles more than one million calls a year
- We are proud of a record-low complaint ratio of just 0.16% – 99.84% of customers are satisfied with Holiday Extras’ products and service
- Owns and manages approximately 7,000 Airparks’ branded parking spaces at Luton and Birmingham airports.
- We work with a network of over 16,000 travel agents and partners including the AA, British Airways, Saga Holidays and easyJet
- 100,000 parking spaces at 27 UK airports and two UK ports
- Hotels at 26 UK airports
- Lounges at 21 UK airports
- Award-winning holiday insurance products
- German Holiday Extras operation with staff in Munich, Airparks® Düsseldorf and Airparks Frankfurt
- Airport hotel offering in Dublin
How we’ve grown
- Matthew Pack becomes Holiday Extras’ Group CEO
- 2013 Holiday Extras acquires Essential Travel from Thomas Cook and
inks exclusive agreement
- 2013 We celebrated our 30th birthday!
- 2011 Holiday Extras moves systems to the cloud
- 2009 Launch of Holiday Extras Customers’ Awards
- 2009 Matthew Pack becomes CEO of HolidayExtras.com
- 2009 HolidayExtras.com adopts a strategy of growth, culminating in a strategic restructure
- 2008 New HolidayExtras.com website launches
- 2007 Acquisition of BCP and five airport car parks from Q-Park
- 2005 Management buy out
- 2003 Larger, purpose built UK headquarters opened
- 2002 European operation in Munich established
- 2000 Holiday Extras website launched
- 1983 Holiday Extras, then known as Apple Booking Company, established by Gerry Pack
See our awards page
Airport and port parking
Holiday Extras is the UK market leader, offering 70,000 parking spaces at 27 airports and ports around the UK. By pre-booking, Holiday Extras customers can save up to 60% on standard gate prices. The company operates a Best Price Guarantee, promising to match any like-for-like service price.
Holiday Extras inspects all car parks for security transfers and location.
For cruise passengers, Holiday Extras offers parking at the UK’s leading cruise ports of Southampton and Dover.
As well as airport and port parking, Holiday Extras also offers parking and hotel packages which often cost only a little more than the parking alone.
Airport and port hotels
Holiday Extras was the first company in the UK to offer discounted airport and port hotels and is the UK market leader in this area.
Hotels are offered at or near to 26 UK airports.
The company began by offering ‘Undercover’ airport hotels – incredible value three and four-star hotels where the customer only finds out the name of the hotel when they get their email confirmation – and this remains one of the most popular offerings in its portfolio.
Travellers are waking up to the benefits of extending their holiday at an airport hotel and Holiday Extras now makes half a million airport hotel bookings a year. Pre-booking an airport hotel can save customers up to 40%. Holiday Extras customers can now customise their hotel bookings to include breakfast, dinner and room upgrades.
Airport lounges provide the perfect opportunity to escape the busy airport or to combat flight delays, and Holiday Extras’ customers can choose to relax at an airport lounge and enjoy the complimentary drinks, snacks and reading material.
With prices from just £16 at airport lounges in the UK, HolidayExtras.com makes more than 100,000 lounge bookings each year.
Holiday Extras has provided travel insurance at competitive prices since 1986, offering single trip policies from just £2 per day or £10 for eight days in Europe, annual multi-trip and specialist insurance for winter sports holidays, golf holidays, weddings and business travel. During 2011 a range of niche insurance products were launched, including cruise, corporate business travel and natural catastrophe cover.
In 2012 the company launched Latitude, a new insurance brand, designed especially for travellers with pre-existing medical conditions and those who are often excluded from standard travel insurance covers.
Airports by Rail
Travelling to the airport by rail is becoming increasingly popular as holidaymakers look to save on rising fuel prices, and Holiday Extras offers rail travel to seven UK airports including Gatwick, Luton, Manchester and Stansted.
Airports by Rail offers reduced fares, free travel for kids up to 15 and accompanied by an adult, and unrestricted travelling times. Booking rail travel to the airport with Holiday Extras allows travellers to avoid the traffic and enjoy a stress-free journey.
The team at Holiday Extras has established the company’s core values: Inspiration, Innovation, People and Success. As market leader, the company seeks to inspire and innovate to stay ahead of the competition.
Holiday Extras has an open, fun culture complemented by an active social club and regular events such as barbecues and softball tournaments.
The Holiday Extras campus is located at Newingreen near Hythe, Kent. The purpose-designed building, by architects Walker and Martin, won the Kent County Council Building Design Award for 2003/4.